How does Otopy work?
When you enter a keyword into a search engine or shopping site, Otopy automatically expands your request with alternative search terms. The results for each term are presented together, organized in a convenient format. This process saves you a significant amount of time and effort, since you won't have to a) figure out what other search terms might get you closer to the result you seek or b) manually enter each search term one at a time.
Otopy's linguists and semantics experts have developed several sophisticated algorithms that transform a simple keyword entry into relevant multi-word terms. The alternatives provided do not rely on prior user behavior, recommendations, click-through patterns of other users, or premium listing status to generate alternative descriptive terms. Instead, Otopy's proprietary patent-pending technology analyzes terms used to describe items offered.
Otopy identifies relationships between different terms used to describe same or similar items and analyzes semantic contextual relationships between same and similar item descriptions. This novel approach is implemented without human intervention, thus offering very consistent results, often exceeding alternative suggestions provided through other means. Further, due to the term-based approach, Otopy can offer better alternatives of complete, multi-word terms, including common misspellings.
Otopy's algorithms are designed to be self-learning - in other words, over time they become more robust and more accurate.
Otopy's Key Advantages
- Ultra fast indexing without requiring metadata
- Ultra fast look-up of term relationships
- Query response time is 10 ms
- Updates existing databases in under 5 minutes
- Contextual search based on terms and term relationships
- Advanced semantic/linguistic algorithms
- Improved click through rates and yields to ad placement for better targeting resulting in upwards of 50% improvement in click throughs!
- Supports intranet, web and desktop search
- Concurrent multi-language searches
- Otopy reads and contextualize content in near real time
- Supports cloud environments
- Fast and accurate indexing of large data sets within the cloud
- Supports Hadoop, Linux, Redhat and Ghost Machine
- Efficient large scale search engine (1/100th the number of servers needed)
Otopy's Key Applications
- No click stream/links needed for ranking: ideal for IC data and Enterprise data, with very few visitors and no ontology required for better indexing
- Document Matching: Documents with similar meaning can be pulled from a repository even if different keywords or languages are used – input a paragraph of what you want and matching documents are found
- Petabyte stores can be indexed and searched efficiently, without requiring a handcrafted ontology, by dynamically generating a semantic graph with high resolution and dimensionality
- Creating a semantic cache allows users to obtain data without network connection or coverage
- Reduced network usage
- Reduces power consumption with faster lookup then other search solutions on mobile devices
- Otopy’s Ad Engine is based on concepts which is more descriptive then key word based ad engines.
- Otopy provides an ad-serving mechanism, based on its conceptual understanding of the users’ activities, which delivers more targeted advertising than is possible with keyword matching.
- Ads sold by concepts rather than keywords are easier for advertisers to purchase and easier for users to understand; thus a win-win for the advertiser and the customer.
- This concept based approach allows Otopy to monetize the long tail of search.
- This ad serving can also be done in the Phone, avoiding delays (both network latency and ad server delays) via Otopy’s proprietary ad server resident within the mobile device.
Patent Pending And Trade Secret Technology
Otopy has filed several patents covering the key technical underpinnings of the product. The technologies encompass sophisticated algorithms and methodologies for strengthening associations between terms and for learning new terms. There are a number of key disruptive inventions included in the patents. The inventor has over 200 issued USPTO patents. Some segregated aspects are being kept as Trade Secrets.
Our Vision of Search
We believe that smart input is the key to obtaining relevant search results. Today, users have to think too much about what keywords to enter to find what they are looking for. Often, a search for information is a trial-and-error process involving a lot of guesswork. We believe that it is possible through software to help users zero in on the precise terms needed to accurately describe what they are looking for. Otopy has developed a proprietary methodology that makes use of semantics and linguistic analysis to expand keywords into multiple relevant terms, automatically offering a range of relevant choices.
Otopy's search assistant can be applied to any type of search -- finding information through a search engine, locating a document on your computer, retrieving a specific e-mail, finding a song on an MP3 player, or a television show or movie on TV -- you name it. While today our product is optimized for shopping (products and brands), over time we will introduce a broader range of searchable databases (general web search, blog search, corporate/industry specific databases). Our goal is to make the first step of search so smart that in the future you will only have to go to one location (the Otopy-powered search input box) to find anything, anywhere.