Otopy relies on your trust and respects your privacy. We do not collect personally-identifiable information of any sort. Otopy uses only relevant contextual information from web pages you're viewing, such as their URLs or search terms, to help provide more accurate content and sponsored links that may be valuable to you.
- We DO NOT collect personally-identifiable information about you.
- We DO NOT install third party applications during the install process.
- We DO NOT display pop-up ads or other invasive advertising.
- We DO collect information about web pages or their content, based on what you're viewing. This is to provide you information about the page's availability or to prepare accurate matches for sponsored links.
- We DO show sponsored links or ads on the bottom of the Otopy window.
- We DO allow you to uninstall Otopy completely from your machine at any time, via the Windows control panel or start menu.
- We DO install cookies.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Otopy cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with any other information to identify you, your screen name or your email address.
Use of Information we collect
Otopy only collects selected pieces of data based on what you pick from the "Alternatives" list. When you preview an alternative in Otopy, it sends this data to our servers, and we use it to decide what content to display in the ad frame. We may pass data (such as search terms) to partners (such as ad networks) to enable them to contribute relevant content. Otopy also analyzes the data from time to time to improve functionality or quality, or to add new features.
Otopy stores on your hard drive only its executable code, in the directory you specify during installation and its configuration information in your Windows registry.